I had a black cardigan that I’ve been wearing for years. It was the perfect weight, size and worked for casual, professional or whatever look I had. I even wore it to Luke’s.
But my versatile cardigan met with a bit of a mysterious mishap in the laundry. This is what it looked like after some stitching up.
But even with sewing it up, the sweater was a no go.
So I took the fancy part off of an old headband that I no longer wear to cover the damaged area.
I sewed it down and used the felt backing from the original headband to make the embellishment more secure on the damaged sweater.
Here’s the final product.
I got lucky with the damage to the sweater in that it ended up roughly in the shirt-pocket area which makes sense for some sort of of embellishment, patch or brooch. If the laundry gremlins had tried to eat a different part of my sweater, I would have had to get a whole lot more creative to fix it!
That was a very clever idea. Looks great 🙂