A lot of people view a new year as a new start, but as I mentioned in my last post I’m planning to keep going with my self-improvement plans. I don’t want to start over every year. However, the New Year is a good time to measure your progress toward your goals and potentially set new ones. One thing that I’m consistently trying to do is be more positive.
A positive attitude doesn’t mean ignoring bad things that happen or failure. To me, being positive means that I learn from those things and grow because of them. Being positive can sometimes be hard, but if you’re around a positive person, do you notice that it makes you want to be positive too?
That’s one of the reasons I love taking part in the 10 Awesome Things Link Up, because it’s a great way to be positive.
It’s pretty cold and snowy here right now, so let’s talk about some of the awesome things about January and winter in general:
1. Returning to a normal routine after an erratic holiday schedule
2. My new satellite radio subscription (a Christmas present from Brad)
3. Seat heaters
4. Displaying vintage pins on my coat
5. Cozy sweaters and scarves
6. Hot tea in the evening made in my new tea maker (another Christmas present from Brad)
7. Hearing that people are using/enjoying their Christmas presents from you
8. Kitty burritos
9. Having the ability to work from home when the weather is too bad
10. Making plans and setting goals for the upcoming year
What are some of your favorite things to do during the winter? What’s awesome about this time of year for you?