Remember when I shared my mother-in-law’s crystal-looking Easter eggs? Well I’ve got a Christmas craft from her for you today.
Every year my in-laws put up several Christmas trees (10 this year), my favorite is her snowman tree, which this year got some crafty additions.
Embroidery hoop snowmen ornaments.
What You Need (makes two ornaments):
- 5-inch embroidery hoop
- 3-inch embroidery hoop
- Accessories (ribbon and fabric scraps work great for this)
What You Do:
- Remove the screw from the hoops and separate the rings.
- Glue one end of the twine onto the larger ring and wrap it around until the entire ring is covered.
- Similarly, wrap the twine around the smaller ring, leaving enough of a tail free to lash the two hoops together.
- Accessorize your snow man with a scarf, hat, etc.
- Tie a loop to the top for hanging on the tree.
- Repeat steps 1-5 fro the second snowman.
The twine works well for a more rustic look, you could always use white yarn for more classic looking snowmen. You can also change the size of the snowmen with smaller or larger hoops.
Do you make any of your own ornaments? What’s your favorite?