When I was a teenager I hated being told to tuck in my shirt. No outfit needed a tucked-in shirt. Now, 9 out of 10 times, I tuck in my shirt (I also wear belts too!). Mom would be so proud.
Here are some other grown up style choices that I’m sure would make mom proud:
1. Owning jeans that are in good repair. My parents used to wonder, “Why would you pay good money for new pants that look old?”
2. Owning more pencil skirts than mini skirts. (although since I’m so short most of my “pencil” skirts said “mini” on the tag) Fingertip length rule anyone?
3. Wearing panty hose or tights.
4. Matching my socks. Also, matching my earrings (wouldn’t you love to see a picture of how I dressed at 15?)
5. Keeping a cardigan on hand. I can’t tell you how many times I regretted not bringing a sweater like my mom had recommended.