I started with this Sheri Martin, New York jumpsuit that had lost it’s size label a long time ago. This quirky number was built for the very tall, jump-suit adoring woman… aka not me. Aside from the fact that I’m wearing jeans under it in the photo above, I have both of my legs in one leg in the one below!
I had no desire to wear this as a jumpsuit ever. Before I could do anything with it, I had to rip the seams and make it no longer pants.
Then I put it on Sally inside out and started pinning. I pinned down the legs in ling with the middle seam, took in each side and the darts in the front.
Once that was done, I sewed everything down and trimmed off the extra. At this point, I had a maxi dress.
Then I measured to where I wanted my new dress to fall and then chopped it off.
I folded it under and then ran it through my machine.
And ta-da, I had a dress!
A very wrinkled dress.
After a nice pressing, I paired it with some black accessories and wore it to work.
I’m really proud of how this one turned out. The only thing I thought about while wearing the dress is that I should have put in pockets. But, there’s plenty of time to add them.
OMG! Haha, skill! That is awesome! I love the remake!
Wow! That’s fantastic! Well done, Rachel! What a transformation!
Wow! Great refashion!
I have a weekend link up going if you’d care to join.
What a great job you did – you had good eyes to see this dress in that jumpsuit!
Pingback: Coffee Bean Dress Refashion | ProbablyRachel