I’m extremely excited to announce that I am hosting the October Best of ‘Betes Blog Awards. I’ll be posting the winners on November 4th, so be sure to check back. I can’t pick winners without nominations though, so be sure to send in as many nominations as you’d like, as long as you don’t nominate yourself, by November first. You can email your nominations to email@example.com, send a DM on Twitter to @bestbetesblogs or fill out the form at http://bestbetesblogs.com, be sure to include:
- Your name and a link to your blog if you have one
- A link to the specific post you’re nominating
- The category you’re nominating for
Here’s a link to the info, category list and a history of the Best of ‘Betes Awards: http://momentsofwonderful.com/best-of-the-betes-blogs/a-history-of-best-of-the-betes-blogs/ One NEW thing that’s being tested out this month are Commenter Shout Outs. If you have received amazing comments on your blog from someone or have seen amazing comments around the DOC, shout those people out. You can submit them for a shout out by sending them in like a nomination, Submit that person’s name and link to that person’s blog, Twitter, etc. if you can. Here’s an example of a shout out submission that I might send:
Rachel (probablyrachel.com) wants to shout out Sprinkles (link to Sprinkle’s blog/Twitter/Profile) for awesome blog commenting.
The blog posts that get nominated each month are awesome, but so are the conversations that are generated in the comment sections by other people, even if they don’t blog. The idea of comment shout outs isn’t to drive traffic back to your own blog post, but to recognize each person who strengthens the conversation. Need to nominate a great blog you’ve read? Go here. Need to find a great blog to nominate? Check out my blogroll, there are some fantastic writers there. I can’t wait to check out all of the nominations!
Here are some tidbits from this week:
- I have exciting things happening on the blog, including hosting the Best of ‘Betes Blog Awards on November 4th. I have a couple of giveaways coming up, one of them starts next week!
- I found a tasty cider with only 10g of carbs per bottle, Harpoon. I’d had it once last year and forgot about it until I was at the store checking them out. Coincidentally, on that same shopping trip, thanks to BOGO on several pricey grocery items I saved $54.02. Yay!
- I overhead my boss tell our mail carrier that he looks like Santa. He does. We all thought it I’m sure, she just said it.
- The plumbing issues that I complained about last week are fixed. We didn’t even have to have our kitchen ceiling opened up. We now also have a great plan for the face lift we’ve been planning.
- My appointment with the nephrologist went well. Most recent test is normal, the only need is to continue to monitor them. When I got to that part of the tower, they gave me a tracking badge with a red button. It was strange, but at least I know they wouldn’t have lost me!