Things around the web you should check out…
1. Strip Safely. One of these most basic tools for managing diabetes is the meter… which is no good without a test strip. The information that this tool gives us is crucial in determining how to treat, eat, move, etc. And they aren’t very accurate. Visit stripsafely.com and take the quiz to see how much you know about strip accuracy.
2. What type of a packer are you? I stumbled across this quiz when researching stuff for our already-booked 2014 vacation (I know, I know. I’m an overachiever). Trying to prepare to take diabetes with me on the high seas is important to me, regardless of all the d-gear I’ll have to bring I’m still a “Perfect Packer.” Check it out here.
3. Do you know how old Facebook is? How about LinkedIn? This time line shares the ages of social sites… you might be surprised by some of them.
4. Super Hero Inflation. How much would it cost to be Spider Man? Now you know.
5. Reflections: Portraits of the Elderly as They Once Were. This is a pretty cool project. I think it’s easy for us to just see the elderly in our society as “old people” but they has amazing pasts and stories that this kind of captures.
Have you found anything good on the internet lately?