It’s quite a Monday of a Tuesday today! (Monday needed a break this week too)
I love social media, but sometimes the people on it drive me insane! I got incredibly irritated the other day by various things being said online so instead of complaining about the complainers and annoyances, let’s talk about some things that I’m thankful for! (Seems like a theme sometimes)
- I’m thankful for the foundation that Brad and I built for our relationship before we got married. I’m not surprised by my role of wife and my husband is much, much more to me than just a new roommate.
- I’m thankful for the careful choices and responsible decisions that have lead me to this point in my life.
- I’m thankful that I woke up this morning and that I got at least a little sleep last night. I was woken up multiple times during the night by my Dexcom, I tested, I treated and returned to sleep on each occasion. I may not have had as many hours as I’d like, but waking up every day is a gift so why complain if my eyes are open?
- I’m thankful for my education and the ways that it serves me daily.
- I’m thankful for coffee, it’s warmth, taste and ability to transform this non-morning person into a pleasant human being on a daily basis. I’m also thankful for the woman in our office who makes the coffee and that it’s only on rare occasions that I fill in.
- I’m thankful for the generosity of others. We’re wrapping up our annual tool drive that benefits the Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity. Each August, more people participate and each August, more donations are made. I spent part of my day planning the pick ups for the event and there’s quite a list! (Also: I’m thankful for online route planners!)
I’m thankful for many more things that are not on this list, but for now six will do. I’ve found that I can complain, vent, rant and stew over dumb stuff as much as I want and still somehow not feel much better. Shifting my focus to thankfulness has been one of the best ways to curb complaining, halt sarcastic remarks and avoid passive aggressive social media behavior.
What are you thankful for today?
This post is fantastic. I love your attitude. Thank you for inspiring.
I’m thankful I got to chat with you a little bit today and read your blog, which I have not done before 🙂
I think social media kind of opens a door for people to say what they actually think versus what the world around them in person sees (I admit, I can be a negative nilly, especially with some of the stuff going on with myself lately).
I’m glad you get to brighten our day though. It’s always great to see the positive side of things.
Pingback: You’re Allowed to Have Bad Day « probablyrachel
Pingback: The Ones Who Love Us « probablyrachel
Pingback: Stream of Thought | probablyrachel