We moved to the Cleveland suburbs about 3 1/2 years ago from elsewhere in Northeast Ohio. I’d say our transplant here was successful, but sometimes I feel like a bad resident because there are things that are so “Cleveland” that we haven’t yet done.
For 2015, I’ve got a few Cleveland-specific things that I’d like to do:
- See a show at Playhouse Square (just got the tickets)
- Check out at least one historic site or museum
- Attend a local festival
- Visit more of the top-ranked Cleveland restaurants
What should I add?
In order to make myself feel better, here are some of the things I’ve done since moving here:
- Attended events for all three major sports teams. I’ve been to several Indian’s games, a Browns game and a Cavs game
- The Cleveland Air Show
- The Cleveland Autoshow
- Attended a comedy show at Hilarities
- Participated in Cleveland Restaurant Week
- Visited Tower City and checked out the view from the observation deck of Terminal Tower
- Saw the Chandelier
- The Cleveland Botanical Gardens
- Visited the Horseshoe
- Celebrated the holidays at the Arcade
- Explored NEO’s own little wine country
- Shopped at the Westside Market
- Toured the Great Lakes Brewing Company (twice)
- Visited the Rain Forest at the zoo
- The NARI Remodeling Show, the Great Big Home and Garden Show
- Great Lakes Science Center
- Bicycling in the MetroParks
Have you transplanted to a new city?
What are some of the must-do or must-see things in your area?