We moved to the Cleveland suburbs about 3 1/2 years ago from elsewhere in Northeast Ohio. I’d say our transplant here was successful, but sometimes I feel like a bad resident because there are things that are so “Cleveland” that we haven’t yet done.
For 2015, I’ve got a few Cleveland-specific things that I’d like to do:
- See a show at Playhouse Square (just got the tickets)
- Check out at least one historic site or museum
- Attend a local festival
- Visit more of the top-ranked Cleveland restaurants
What should I add?
In order to make myself feel better, here are some of the things I’ve done since moving here:
- Attended events for all three major sports teams. I’ve been to several Indian’s games, a Browns game and a Cavs game
- The Cleveland Air Show
- The Cleveland Autoshow
- Attended a comedy show at Hilarities
- Participated in Cleveland Restaurant Week
- Visited Tower City and checked out the view from the observation deck of Terminal Tower
- Saw the Chandelier
- The Cleveland Botanical Gardens
- Visited the Horseshoe
- Celebrated the holidays at the Arcade
- Explored NEO’s own little wine country
- Shopped at the Westside Market
- Toured the Great Lakes Brewing Company (twice)
- Visited the Rain Forest at the zoo
- The NARI Remodeling Show, the Great Big Home and Garden Show
- Great Lakes Science Center
- Bicycling in the MetroParks
Have you transplanted to a new city?
What are some of the must-do or must-see things in your area?
Since moving to DC for school this year, I really have not done the exploring I thought I would. I need to though before summer break!
You’re in an area rich with things to do, see and experience. But DC has to be pretty overwhelming to try to explore!
Sounds like you’ve done a lot! I moved to a new city over the summer, and it’s pretty small, but there are still plenty of things I haven’t done yet. It’s fun to act like a tourist sometimes!
You have done a lot. Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland? Every city has fun things to do. I’m happy to hear you’re exploring your new ‘hood.