Today is Valentine’s Day. In general, it’s a day of heart, flowers, cards and candies.
This year, there has been much more emphasis on other forms of love, beyond romantic love. Which is wonderful!
I’m blessed with a wonderful husband who is incredibly caring and thoughtful and I love him more each day. I’m also blessed to have so much more love around me with an ever-growing family by DNA and by marriage, wonderful friends, caring coworkers and fabulous readers. I was so encouraged by the comments on a couple of recent posts that came from my heart and I wasn’t sure anyone would connect with. Thank you all!
So here’s a Friday Five that’s all about Love:
- Romantic Love, even if it isn’t all romance. There are so many posts about Brad and how great of a husband he is, but I’m looking back at this one today: The Ones Who Love Us.
- Love of Family. I have a large family, I write about them here and there, yesterday’s post however resonated with many in my family, if you missed it, please read: My Mom is Getting Married.
- Love Remembered. Love doesn’t end when you lose someone. The lessons that my father taught me and the love that my grandmother shared are a part of me and how I live my life.
- Friend Love. Sometimes I wonder if I could have gotten through a lot of things without my friends. Friends like Natalie make life much sweeter.
- Loving Strangers. Doing good, helping others, savings lives. There’s still time to Spare a Rose and share some love.
Are you willing to share a little love with me? It’ll take a few minutes, but could you vote for my favorite refashion (Tea Party dress) for a best DIY blog post award? While you’re there, check out some other great bloggers and vote for them too (you have to vote for each category to submit the form). Click the button below to go vote.
What kinds of love are you celebrating today?