My mom commented that yesterday’s blog on my day-long attempt to get from Cleveland to Chicago sounded like “a series of unfortunate events.” Monday during the day was indeed rough, but I wasn’t kidding when I said Chicago didn’t disappoint!
It was a work trip for not one, but two trade shows (and two clients), but definitely incorporated fun as well. Here are some of the highlights:
- I made it in time for my client’s party on Monday and their event went well!
- I had a fantastic dinner with client group 1 at the Chicago Chop House.
- My room at the Hyatt Regency (at McCormick) got upgraded to a king room on a high floor with fantastic views
- All of my meetings went well and my boss was able to cover the one that I missed due to travel trouble.
- I got to check out a Tesla on the show floor.
- I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Piccolo Sogno Due with client group 2.
- We found ourselves at a tucked away back alley tiki bar that really nice and well-themed. Each drink had a specific, on-theme glass. (Three Dots and a Dash).
- My late night taxi driver was listening to 80s rock.
- I got to hear Steve Wozniak speak.
- A robot made me a chocolate chip cookie. (When I was telling Brad about the “cookie robot” I was reminded of this movie clip.)
My flight home was on schedule and uneventful.
I’m running a bit slow today due to getting back late last night, but it was a wonderful trip and I always enjoy getting to see more of Chicago every time I visit.
– Where’s your favorite place to go in Chicago?
– Do you have a favorite tucked-away spot?
– The robot made 4 kinds of cookies (chocolate chip, m&m, white chocolate and snickerdoodle) what would you have gotten?