I live with a chronic illness, which to some people means that I’m “sick” all the time. Personally, I don’t view my diabetes as a sickness.
However, I AM sick.
- Living my life by numbers
- Having to explain the mechanics of diabetes over and over
- People thinking that my illness prevents me from doing great things
- People thinking that my illness prevents me from doing normal things
- People thinking that my illness gets me special treatment
- People saying “you can’t eat that”
- People asking what’s beeping or whose phone is that when an alarm or alert sounds
- Having alarms and alerts sound all. the. time.
- Sticking needles into my body