It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a refashion. For that, I’m very sorry.
I have a perfectly springy project to share today though. It started out as a dress.
The color of this dress caught my eye when browsing clearance racks. I wore it a few times, but the way it clung to my hips made me so self conscious I would only every wear it with a long sweater. I finally decided to make it more versatile.
It looks good on the dress, but not so much on me.
My original plan was to refashion the dress to look like the top I picked in one of my most popular pins.
Once I got to work the top took a different shape. First, I ripped along the seam at the waist opening up the bottom of the dress. Next I cut off the back to the length I wanted.
I cut off a few inches from the bottom of the front layer and pinned the whole thing up.
Finally I hand-sewed the whole thing to make sure I got all of the gathering the way that I wanted it.