There’s just something about the holiday season that seems… magical I guess. But every year there are things that raise the stress levels to the max that result in a love/hate relationship with the season.
1. Decorations. Everything looks so pretty during the holidays and as outside gets dull and dark the color and sparkle that comes along with the decorations we put up are very welcome.
2. Seasonal smells and tastes. There are some candles that can only be burned this time of year just like there are some treats that can only be baked this time of year.
3. Anticipation. I feel like there’s so much to look forward to for each celebration.
4. Time with family. There’s a huge family focus on the holidays and I can’t say I’d have it any other way.
5. Rest. I feel like we get a much-needed break at the holidays then a fresh start for a new year.
1. Travel. Teleportation would be a welcome development to ease holiday travel. Driving here, there and everywhere can be exhausting and expensive. Thankfully, we don’t have to fly for holiday visiting.
2. Scheduling. It’s tough to balance when to see people, trying to equitably split time with each side of the family is absolutely impossible. Not to mention trying to see friends too.
3. Crowds. There are at least twice as many people at stores and restaurants this time of year. I don’t know where they call come from!
4. Traffic. This is indirectly related to travel and crowds. Not only does it seem like there are more people on the road, driving skills and attention behind the wheel do down the toilet this time of year.
5.Cold. Snow and ice are pretty to look at, but I’m not a fan of anything else they bring with them. Once the holidays are over… we know that winter is going to be in full force.
What about you? Anything about this time of year that makes you love it, hate it, or both?