I decided against writing a long post about my endocrinologist appointment this week, especially since there are a lot of things I’m still processing from it. So here are some highlights:
1. A major highway is closed for the next three years, so I need to familiarize myself with my new route to the hospital… and how much longer it takes to get there.
2. I can tell Dr. O was happy to show me off as a patient to a visiting doctor from Turkey.
3. We’re trying to tackle dawn phenomenon, which has kicked me off my semi-annual visit schedule and put me on the quarterly visit plan. Has anyone successfully dealt with the early morning highs?
4. My a1c remains stable, but seems like it jumps by .1% each visit. I’m going to try to stop the a1c creep.
5. I’m being referred to a kidney specialist. My first urine test results were alarming, so Dr. O had me redo it when I was there and those results were much better, but not great. I’m trying to keep from freaking out or getting too concerned before I got see the nephrologist, but it’s tough not to worry.
In other news, there are currently plumbers demolishing walls and pipes in the bathroom and part of the kitchen ceiling at my house. I’m so glad that my husband is there to oversee and that I am not. I think I’d cry… I feel like I might cry here at work every time I get an update on the project.