It seems like a staple at most summer cookouts and/or potlucks is pasta salad.
Carbohydrate-filled pasta is not what I want to spend my carb budget on for cool, refreshing summer foods.
For your next summer side dish, consider nixing the rotini and bringing this low-carb option instead.
- Italian or vinaigrette salad dressing
- Cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- Tomato, cut in chunks or diced… depending on your mood
- (I usually stick to the two, but you can add other veggies, some options include: black olives, red or white onions, red or green peppers, chopped celery)
- Amounts depend on how much you want to make.
- Prep your vegetables by peeling, chopping, etc.
- Place in a large bowl or container
- Drizzle with enough Italian dressing to lightly cover
- Mix it all together with a large spoon (or put the lid on the container and shake!)
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
What’s your favorite summer side dish?